Buy less Tech, get more LOVE!!
- Gift Cards are wonderful for movies, Laserquest, skiing, skating etc. Try to steer away from plastic toys.
- Buy tickets to a sporting event and go for an ice cream after. Making memories is more important than letting your child become isolated and addicted to their Devices.
- Take them out to buy clothing with their Gift card. Spending time talking is invaluable to their development.
Christmas Time & Boundaries
- Set clear, concise rules about device time. Consider wake time, sleep time and play time. Make a two week schedule for the Holidays.
- Bed times must be set. An hour before bed no one should be on a device, the LED lights stimulates the brain and makes it feel like they need to be awake. Reading to them at bedtime calms the brain, try, “ Harry Potter”, it always helps them sleep.
- Play outside as much as possible. When children can run, create, interact and expend energy, they are happier in doors. Have them call a friend to hang out with. Tobogganing is always fun.
- Indoor Playdates: Playing is more important for linguistical, physical and sociological development than anything other way for kids to grow. Let your child choose a friend to play with and make hot chocolate.
- Oh, and let them be bored. Let them clean their rooms and just go with the flow, and find their own things to do.
Ideas for Christmas Holidays
- Make a list of things to do together.
- Skate in a park
- Take a hike
- Bird spotting is fun now too.
- Go to a movie
- Make hot chocolate
- Bake cookies
- Try different art crafts
- Clean out their rooms
- Give your time and volunteer
- Make a bird feeder
- Go to a zoo. It is so much easier to go in the winter.